Sunday 2 August 2009

A race update

Apologies to all my readers, i've just been having more a holiday than a running trip the last couple of weeks. The Badwater report is slowly being written on my laptop and since then last Sundays San Francisco Marathon has been run and happily finished in 3:13 (and i owe another race report), since then i've been enjoying the sea and the fog of the Californian Central Coast.
Today i am in Oakland and the Castro Valley as tomorrow is the Skyline 50K Trail race that i did last year. Up until last night i was convinced i would run a really good race, but last night in Monterey i appear to have had food poisoning, in short i can recall nothing between eating at 8PM and 10AM this morning, but my travelling companion has given me a very graphic and scary description of the night, not sure if it was the soup (that she had as well and also felt a little queasy last night) or the pasta that she had only a spoonfull of. So folks don't expect too great a time tomorrow from me, still trust me i'll finish.

No comments: